The Australian Marketing Institute (AMI) has just released its 2014 Senior Marketer Monitor. The report, which surveyed over 260 marketers has found some exciting trends for the year ahead in content marketing.
Here are a few stats:
- Overall marketing budgets are expected to rise by 3.4% this year
- 49% of respondents say they plan to do more content marketing in 2014
- 63% expect to spend more on social media (compared to 77% in 2011)
- 52% plan on spending more on online advertising (down from 64% in 2011)
- After a high of 43% in 2010, only 18% expect to spend more on viral marketing
- 26% intend on increasing mobile marketing, down from 46% in 2011
While digital marketing is slowing, traditional media outlets such as TV and radio has stabilised (and in some cases increased) after several years of decline.
For more information about content marketing, click here.
Is your business legit? In 2019 authenticity rules Posted by Infodec 07 Feb
What is Strategic Communications? Posted by Infodec 29 Dec
Yes, the ACCC’s Digital Platforms Inquiry does matter to small business Posted by Infodec 19 Dec
2014 2015 ACMA advertising australia blog business communications content content marketing copywriting digital email marketing facebook Georgia Dixon google guide help infodec Infodec Communications infographic instagram internet Joanne Ryan LinkedIn marketing media media and communications mobile news online online presence pinterest PR professional small business SME SMEs social media social networking statistics technology tips twitter youtube